Understanding the application process for Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) CBAS center in California, can be rather daunting, especially once you start the process. But in this post we break down the steps to help to understand the applications required to open a center.
- We are a state that requires licensure and certification to open an ADHC CBAS center and bill Medi-Cal.
- We are licensed by the California Department of Public Health.
- We are certified by the California Department of Aging.
- When submitting applications to open an ADHC / CBAS center, here is the process:
- Complete and submit a “Pre-Screening application” to California Department of Aging, CBAS branch.
- You will need to identify an area in the state where you will open your Adult Day Health Care center, but you do not have to lease a building prior to opening your Adult Day Center.
- When the pre-screening application is approved, submit an application to California Department of Aging and an application to California Department of Public Health.
- You can expect the entire ADHC licensing process to take about 12-18 months with our team of consultants and experts. (Although if you have leased or own a building prior to receiving the approval of your pre-screening application, we can speed the process further.)
We are the number one consulting company in the country for Adult Day Services, but California is our home and where the business started. We would love to answer any question you may have about opening an ADHC CBAS center in California. Feel free to comment below or email/call us directly!